Saturday, July 30, 2011

Coming to a town near you

With the new year, I have resumed giving talks at orchid societies, native plant societies, garden clubs, and the like. I had a great time speaking recently to the Martin County Native Plant Society, the St. Augustine Orchid Society, the Seminole County Native Plant Society, the Jacksonville Native Plant Society, the Marion County Native Plant Society, the Venice Area Orchid Society, the Jupiter-Tequesta Orchid Society, and the Coalition for Orchid Species Symposium, giving my presentation 'Orchids in Our Backyard: Florida's Wild Orchids'. This presentation has been very well received where it has been presented.

I also presented my new presentation
'Orchids in Our Backyard: Florida's Wild Orchids - Part II' at the Tampa Bay Orchid Society and the Central Florida Orchid Society. Featuring a new cast of characters taken from Florida's wild lands, this presentation is also garnering rave reviews.

Check the calendar at the end of this blog page to see when I might be speaking in a town near you.
If you are part of a plant society or garden club and would like me to come speak, I generally like to do one engagement a month, and I still have openings in November through December. Please E-MAIL ME if you are interested.

I'll be at the following places over the coming months:

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I saw that you are speaking in the Palm Beach area, but I'm not able to make the date. I'll keep looking...I'd love to hear your presentation!!

walk2write said...

I'm so glad that you left a comment with a link on Sapphire's post. I will be adding your site to my bloglist. Orchids are a new interest for me. We live in the Tallahassee area and belong to the Gardening Friends of the Big Bend, which supports the UF North Florida Research and Education Center in Quincy.

☆sapphire said...

Hello

Your orchids are fascinating! "Platanthera cristata", or the Crested Fringed Orchid are really beautiful. I've never seen them before. Ever since I read the book about what you call "orchid hunters(or plant hunters)" of the Victorian Age, I have always been charmed by them.

Mirta Heineman said...

COS Symposium 2012

(tentative date)

June 17, 2012 Sunday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...